Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Setting Sail... with the students!

Hello!!! I have an hour until dinner is available and that is SO RARE these past few days so I thought I would do a super quick blog update to let you all know what I’ve been up to! Last time you heard from me I was gushing about the amazing staff I am working with, and after countless hours with them, I can assure you that is still true.

Tomorrow, when I hopefully have some more time, I will blog you my cabin photos and some of the photos from Ensenada. I find that I am taking some photos but will also be stealing the photos of my colleagues so my album likely won’t be complete anytime soon!

Yesterday we had a LONG day of training but there was the light at the end of the tunnel (literally… Mexico). All I wanted all day was a taco and a beer and an hour or so without rocking (the Seas were ROUGH from San Diego to Ensenada!). After all of our meetings were done, we headed into town and found an amazing place where I got fish tacos, beers, and delicious guacamole.

Today the students boarded. It feels like a very different ship! SO MUCH ENERGY (and 700 more people!). Captain said it was the best lifeboat drill he’s ever seen though. Makes me feel good to hold the clipboard lol… like a fire drill on crack!

Tonight we’ll do our big welcome with the students and then have our first sea meeting..  GO BALTIC SEA!!! Tomorrow we sit in on a FULL day of Orientation (and hopefully I can sneakily blog!)

BK – I LOVE MY JOURNAL!!! <3
MV – I share your facts and quotes with the other RDs every day lol

Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment