Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What up 2013!?!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

I had a great time ringing in the new year with my sister and some great friends, and that GIANT Tigers win didn't hurt either. I was at my favorite bar and in that explosive last quarter I had the whole place cheering along. It was wonderful. The only thing more wonderful was seeing this:


So, last year I wrote out all my resolutions using the tricks in SMART goal setting (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound for those who aren't familiar) and was all ready to plow through them. I lost the paper but it had to do with health and money and some other things I am sure... I'm sure I met some of them but this year, I'm going to do things differently.

This year, I'm going to love, grow, and take care of people and myself. Professionally, I'm going to take a page from Coach Swinney and encourage greatness in my students, and show how proud I am of them (I think I normally always do this but I want to be more intentional with it). I am going to be okay when I have "human moments" and try to be more present focused (Thank you Darrah <3). Most of all, I am going to be adventurous, both on my SAS voyage, and after! I'm going to hold the people I care about close, and be thankful for all the time I have with them. Finally, I'm going on a journey... not just the next job opportunity but a spiritual journey that I think will be fueled by the physical journey.

For those of you who like more traditional resolutions: I resolve that I will be packed by January 5,  that I will keep up with my blog, and that I will keep in touch with the classroom following me on my voyage. :)

Happy New Year my friends and thank you for reading!!! <3

1 comment:

  1. I could not possibly love you more....vulnerability and all.

    D

    ReplyDelete