Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Survived the storm!

I am not going to lie… There were moments last night that I was scared we may not make it. Hurricane force winds (65 mph), and waves exceeding 25 feet… some of my cabin furniture came free of the wall and flipped to the other side of the room. I was sliding down my bed. Drawers were opening and closing. It was terrifying. I went to bed at 9:00pm thinking I would sleep through the worst of it but was woken up multiple times through the night. Lets just say that I was so thankful to wake up this morning in calm waters with land in sight!

Video I put together of the waves mixed with some videos/photos from others onboard (sorry for the cheesy music! I was trying to get rid of some of the silence/people who weren’t me talking :) )

I hope it works!!!

Today is my duty day. 24 hours on the ship. Japan shut down our internet so my plans of job searching and trip researching are put on hold. Luckily, a lot of people uploaded movies to the share drive, and filled me up before they left. I‘ve already worked the gangway (it took until about 2:00 for our ship to clear immigration), cleaned my cabin, took a long wonderful stable shower, watched Hunger Games, and am now starting on Dexter and resume work. I honestly could fall asleep right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment